The honor of speaking at a TEDx event is one that tops many people’s bucket lists.
Auditioning in 2023
Are you eligible to speak at TEDxPortsmouth? Let’s find out!
• You live or work within a 30-mile radius of Portsmouth OR TEDxPortsmouth is your closest TEDx event
• You are applying for yourself (please no agents!)
• This is a new talk, Re: You haven’t given it at another TED-affiliated event
• You are available on May 12th for a full-day of TEDxPortsmouth
We take the quality of TEDxPortsmouth talks seriously. And we give you the support you need to deliver the best talk possible.
TEDxPortsmouth has a reputation for producing excellent talks. In fact, it’s become core to our brand. Many of our talks have been selected by TED to be released to their global audience of 36 million — a huge honor.
- Who we want to hear from: Speakers with new, big ideas and local connections. Those who will appreciate the support and guidance from our team. Speakers who work hard, meet deadlines, and have a deep desire to do what it takes to deliver the talk of a lifetime.
- Who isn’t a great fit: Speakers who give us the feeling that they are promoting a business or a book. Speakers without a strong, local connection. Those who are telling a Moth story or giving a PowerPoint presentation instead of a TED Talk. Speakers who won’t be open to the feedback and guidance from our team of professionals.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
Each year we have close to 200 applicants who apply to be selected. So, if you have a great, original idea, we want to hear it! Don’t let the fear that you’re not an excellent writer or polished speaker hold you back. Remember, if selected, you will be guided by our team of professional writers and performance coaches.
We’re excited that you’d like to be considered for TEDxPortsmouth 2023!
Our theme is Forward > Thinking. Your talk does not have to directly connect to this theme, but if it does, all the better.
To help us decide if your TEDx Talk idea is a potential fit for our 2023 lineup, check out our eligibility guidelines above. If you think you’re a good fit, fill out the application form below.
IMPORTANT: If you are unfamiliar with the TED format, we encourage you to hit pause and learn more at www.ted.com.
• December 16: Applications are due
• January 6: Applicants are notified that they have/have not been accepted to audition
• January 18, 4 p.m. -8 p.m.: Auditions
• January 22, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Auditions
• February 3: Notification of acceptance
• February 11, 10 a.m. -4 p.m.: Mandatory Speaker Boot Camp
• May 11, 12 p.m. -6 p.m.: Dress Rehearsal
• May 12, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.: Event!