Welcome to “everything TEDxPortsmouth”
Here, you’ll find all the details you’re wondering about, like what time things start, where you can park, what we’ll be feeding you, and more!
Join Us for A Truly Unforgettable Day
TEDx brings the spirit of TED’s mission of ideas worth spreading to local communities around the globe. Our own TEDxPortsmouth is an immersive event showcasing a diverse lineup of inspiring speakers, rousing artistic performances, and more. This annual event is where the Seacoast comes together to connect and explore big ideas — science, the arts, the environment, humanity, entrepreneurship — in a shared experience emphasizing community, conversation, and inspiration.
WHEN IS TEDxPortsmouth?
Friday May 20, 2022
WHERE IS IT?
TEDxPortsmouth will take place at The Music Hall, 28 Chestnut Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
General admission check-in begins at 8:00am at The Music Hall, 28 Chestnut Street, Portsmouth, NH, by the last name of the person who purchased your ticket (which may be you!) or company name if you are part of a group. You may also present your email confirmation.
If you are a TEDxPortsmouth volunteer, team member or guest, you may check in under your own name.
TEDxPortsmouth is a full-day event with plenty of breaks built in. Like listening to a whole album versus a single song, this event is intended to be a fully immersive experience. In other words, we hope you’ll plan on staying for the full day, because you’ll get way more out of it if you can!
Seats at the Music Hall have been sold out, but you can still be part of TEDxPortsmouth 2022 through our livestream, beginning at 9:00am on Friday May 20th.
Livestream link will be available at 9am, Friday, May 20th
FOOD + DRINKS
Lunch, snacks, and all the coffee/tea you can drink are provided with admission (including gluten-free and vegan options.) Click here for lunch menu. We encourage you to bring your own water bottle, to take advantage of our many filling stations. Limited-edition, TEDxPortsmouth-branded water bottles from Well Told are available for purchase, while supplies last. Our goal? A zero-waste event!
If you live here, you know it can be hard to park, so arrive early! And with 900 attendees, our event is sure to put a crunch on parking. We highly recommend that, if you drive, you just use the Foundry Garage at 100 Foundry Place—about a four-block walk—or the Hanover Garage at 34 Hanover St. if you need a shorter walk (about two blocks). Click here for full Directions and Parking info.
TEDxPortsmouth includes full-day ASL interpretation, and we try to provide accessibility accommodations as much as we possibly can. If you need specific accommodations, please get in touch by emailing info@TEDxPortsmouth.com. This is a really helpful guide for Portsmouth: Access Navigators Portsmouth NH Accessibility Guide.
FAQs: Your Top 10 Burning Questions, Answered!
- How long is the day? Registration opens at 8 a.m., and the event runs until about 3 p.m., with an afterparty on Chestnut St. that goes to about 4 p.m. If you want to sit with friends, be sure to check in by 8:30 a.m., when doors open.
- If I can’t use my ticket—or have an extra—can I give it to a friend? Yes, please do! No need to let us know. Just email your scannable ticket confirmation to them prior to the event.
- That’s great that you give us so much food! But will gluten-free and vegan options be available? You know it!
- What should I wear? No need to get super fancy, but most people will be in business attire or business casual.
- What should I bring? Besides your full attention and an open mind, we recommend a water bottle and a notebook and a pen. Lots of great ideas to jot down! Plus, maybe some business cards—people still have those, right?
- Are you live-streaming? Yes! And it’s even free, so if you were unable to get a ticket, you won’t miss out. Click here for TEDxPortsmouth live-stream, beginning May 20, 9:00am.
- When will the videos be up? TED headquarters needs to review everything, so it’s usually about 1-2 months after the event but will be sooner if we can make it happen!
- Who are the hosts, and how to do you choose them? We choose two hosts each year based on their contributions to the local community and their ability to rock it in front of a large crowd. This year we selected Denise Wheeler and Courtney Daniel.
- Who runs TEDxPortsmouth? TEDxPortsmouth is a fully volunteer-run event directed by Anna Goldsmith and Kaarin Milne and a team of amazing local experts in design, marketing, speechwriting, performance, and event planning.
- I heard there’s a giveaway. What is it?? That would ruin this surprise, but you won’t want to miss it!